Karima Walker is an experimental musician from Tucson, Arizona. Interweaving drone, field recordings, tape loops and traditional song structures she creates large, paced arrangements that provide a horizon for her minimal, ambient songwriting.
Wake the Deaf named Karima Walker's self-released 2016 cassette Hands in Our Names one of their favorite albums of the year. A newly remixed, resequenced and remastered vinyl edition of Hands in Our Names will be released on March 24, 2017 by Orindal Records.
Photo by Eugene Starobinskiy
- Karima Walker official website
- Raised by Gypsies reviews Hands in Our Names
- Karima Walker receives 2016 Yab Yum Songbird Award
- Wake the Deaf reviews Hands in Our Names
- Arizona Public Media Art Life mini-documentary on Karima Walker
- Karima Walker Tiny Desk Concert
- Wake the Deaf premieres "Indigo" music video
- The Le Sigh reviews Hands in Our Names
- Music Won't Save You reviews Hands in Our Names (Italian)
- Pitchfork reviews Hands in Our Names
- Bandcamp Daily interviews Karima Walker
- Karima Walker feature in Tucson Weekly