Karima Walker is an experimental musician from Tucson, Arizona. Interweaving drone, field recordings, tape loops and traditional song structures she creates large, paced arrangements that provide a horizon for her minimal, ambient songwriting.
Wake the Deaf named Karima Walker's self-released 2016 cassette Hands in Our Names one of their favorite albums of the year. A newly remixed, resequenced and remastered vinyl edition of Hands in Our Names will be released on March 24, 2017 by Orindal Records.
Photo by Eugene Starobinskiy
Karima Walker live dates
11/20 Norman, OK @ Resonator (please note new venue!)
11/22 Austin, TX @ Track House
11/23 Marfa, TX @ Lost Horse Saloon
11/24 El Paso, TX @ The Nature House (3321 Monroe Ave)
10/04 Phoenix, AZ @ Valley Bar *
11/07 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda's *
11/08 New York City, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge *
12/14 Tucson, AZ @ 191 Toole >?
12/15 Phoenix, AZ @ Trunk Space >?
12/17 Denver, CO @ Hi Dive >?
* w/ The Blow
> w/ Lisa/Liza
? w/ Advance Base
- Karima Walker official website
- Raised by Gypsies reviews Hands in Our Names
- Karima Walker receives 2016 Yab Yum Songbird Award
- Wake the Deaf reviews Hands in Our Names
- Arizona Public Media Art Life mini-documentary on Karima Walker
- Karima Walker Tiny Desk Concert
- Wake the Deaf premieres "Indigo" music video
- The Le Sigh reviews Hands in Our Names
- Music Won't Save You reviews Hands in Our Names (Italian)
- Pitchfork reviews Hands in Our Names
- Bandcamp Daily interviews Karima Walker
- Karima Walker feature in Tucson Weekly
- MOJO Rising feature in MOJO Magazine