Jill Whit is a Salt Lake City based creative artist. Her work as a songwriter, musician, tattooer, and fine artist has allowed her to create a large community which spans across the country. Her creative practice has always been an intimate experience; for Jill, making music is an incredibly personal practice. Her album, time is being, is her first entirely self-recorded project. The album was written during the long days of the pandemic in 2020, when, like many others, she found herself spending more time alone than ever before. "The album is really an exploration into the body,” Jill explains, “It's about knowing yourself through solitude - gaining a connection to your physical body. It relates to opening up to your inner voice, and connecting the body and spirit through physical and emotional movement; to be ever accepting, shifting, breathing, living, being."
time is being will be released by Orindal Records as a special cassette & book package as well as on digital formats on May 28, 2021.
- Official website
- Various Small Flames premieres Touchless / Maybe Means No music video
- For the Rabbits premieres Internet Cowboy
- Slug Magazine feature on Jill Whit's visual art
- Salt Lake City Weekly reviews time is being
- David Wilikofsky reviews time is being for Undrcurrents
- Jamie Christensen reviews time is being for Slug Mag
- Madalyn Trewin profiles Jill Whit for Slumber Mag